Friday, May 21, 2010

Our Basement Project

Shortly after moving into our house, my DH and I undertook the job of cleaning out the basement so that we could us the area for storage. There was one bookcase type shelf that I used for my pantry/canning goods since I don't really have a big cabinet type pantry in the kitchen. That has worked out well but we really wanted to add some more shelving so that we could organize the "storage" in our basement better.

This last week we hired a friend to build us some shelves in the basement. We had him build them on two walls so that one set could be used for food items and the other set could store all the boxes, unused canning jars, paper goods, etc. Here's a smilebox of some of the before and after pictures. (Note: I haven't finished organizing the shelves but I'll post pictures when I'm finished with that part of the project)

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Our Basement
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Digital slideshow created with Smilebox

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful! You know the old saying, " A place for everything, and everything in it's place." Going to make your life much more simple. Thanks for sharing. EMG

The Beauty of the Lord said...

The shelves look great, and you have SO much more room now. The canned goods look pretty too! :)