I guess it has been awhile since I last said anything about our Callie dog. Well, she is officially ours. We signed all the papers and had her spayed about 3 weeks ago. We are discovering more and more what a sweet dog she is! She has a wonderful personality. She likes to be with people and play with other dogs. She seems to enjoy following little kids around (part of that herding instinct). She is great on walks, never wandering to far and seems to look forward to wrestling with my husband every evening when he gets home. Overall I would say Callie is a very warm dog. Both of us are so glad that we got her and that she has turned out to be such a great dog.
I will say that the week after we got back from our trip was a rough one with her! She peeped on the floor almost every night, run back down to my in-laws house 3 times, and came into the carpeted area of the house (where she isn't allowed) and chewed on several newspapers. By the end of the week my DH and I were a little fed up with her behavior. (On the cute side with all of this she found the basket in the living room with all the stuff animals and took each of them and set them on her bed. She's an interesting one.)
I will say that the week after we got back from our trip was a rough one with her! She peeped on the floor almost every night, run back down to my in-laws house 3 times, and came into the carpeted area of the house (where she isn't allowed) and chewed on several newspapers. By the end of the week my DH and I were a little fed up with her behavior. (On the cute side with all of this she found the basket in the living room with all the stuff animals and took each of them and set them on her bed. She's an interesting one.)
This week she has been much better. My DH and I have been working really hard on praising and giving her a treat when she potties outside. We started working on that this past Saturday and I'm happy to report that she hasn't had an accident yet. (Of course now that I haven't said that she'll probably pee on the floor tonight.) Another thing that has helped is if my DH or I wake up in the middle of the night we'll let her out. I really hope this continues to work because she is a much more enjoyable dog to be around when she does her business outside.
As for wandering down the in-laws to visit their dogs...I've been trying to go down there every few days so that Callie can play with them but then there is a time to leave. We are trying to teach her that its okay to go with when we take her but she isn't to go on her own. So far it seems to be working but I don't think she has quite mastered that one yet!
Yesterday I had a lot of fun with her while I was raking leaves. She is so funny to watch. She'll go to the back deck and then all of a sudden come running as fast as she can to the front yard where I'm raking leaves and jump over the pile and then quickly turns around want to be play. I couldn't help but laugh. She looked so cute and was so playful!

2 comments:
Laura,
I love your dog stories!!! You see, we are all (Bethany and I mostly) a bit obsessed...well very obsessed... with our Aussie pup. Callie and Molly sound so similar. It will be fun to see them meet each other.
Love, T
She is a cutie-pup.
Jody
Post a Comment