I have always grown up with a Bundt pan but after getting married I didn't have one for my new kitchen. This little pan was a steal at $3.50. Upon getting the pan I had to make something in it so knowing that my hubby likes German Chocolate cake I gave it a go.
I'll admit that I used a box cake mix but I did make the frosting from scratch. The frosting was a little runnier then it should have been but it still drizzled nicely on the cake! I was so proud of my little cake!
One would think that the story ends there and it should have as I photographed my completed cake and set it on the table.
But...what I don't have a picture of is my dear dog Callie with paws on the table licking the frosting off the side of the cake. Apparently Callie likes the frosting just as much as my DH. Fortunately she didn't get that far and I was able to cut 1/4 of the cake off and we still ate the rest. Callie has only done that one other time and that was when we first got her. All I can say is the smell of frosting was to much of a temptation for her!
Oh, and my DH really liked the cake even with 1/4 of it missing and the frosting being more of a drizzle than it should have been! :)

4 comments:
Sure looks good. A great buy. Fun shopping. Love, GrandG
Looks delish!! If I were a dog, I think I would have done the same thing, despite the certain reprimand!
The bundt pan. Yes, every kitchen needs one, but I need a certain daughter to unmold my bundt cakes. I don't know why, but I always rip a chunk out of it when I remove the cake from the pan. Yours looks perfect!
Jody
The bundt pan. Yes, every kitchen needs one, but I need a certain daughter to unmold my bundt cakes. I don't know why, but I always rip a chunk out of it when I remove the cake from the pan. Yours looks perfect!
Jody
Post a Comment