Tuesday, February 21, 2012

18 Months and Only 2 months to go!



18 months- Yes, Liesel is officially 18 months old or 1 1/2 years old.  Oh the time has gone so fast and she has grown up in so many way!  It seems like in the last two months she has changed so much.  Her vocabulary is increasing with leaps and bounds.  Some of her new words are Mamie, D'ampa (for Grandpa), N'a-ma (for Grandma), pool, Yammy (for her cousin), Si-uh (for another cousin), oat for goat, potty, garbage, trash, rest, baby, piggy, help, wood, eat, more, dacker (for cracker) and the list could go on!

Reading her "I Spy" book


She also loves to help mommy or daddy.  She will carry laundry to the couch to be folded, or her Quiet Book to the car.  The other day she helped me spin the lettuce and tear it up and put it into the salad bowl. She's growing up to fast!



Also her bigger news and the one she is self-motivated in doing is going big potty on her potty chair. She did it one time at N'ama's house and once we got our own potty chair she has wanted to use it. My plan had been to wait until closer to two years of age but Liesel has had other thoughts.  I'll admit I am very impressed with how good she is about "telling" us she has to go.  Not that she always has to go but normally if you sit there long enough with her she goes.  Of course she doesn't make it every time but our success rate is rather high 4 out of 7 days this past week she has gone on the potty!  I can't take any credit here!

She wanted to hold the potty chair in the cart!

Liesel is a lot of fun to be around but she sure keeps me busy.  There is hardly a dull moment and should I say very quiet moment as long as Liesel is awake.  She goes full bore until nap/bedtime.  She keeps me on my toes!

The dirt on her face isn't from my window. She got it else where! :)

I have no clue why she has a sock in her mouth but she does.  Don't worry it's clean!

Eating tomatoes

One happy girl!


2 months to go -We are 32 weeks along so little guy should be making his appearance sooner then later.  Things seem to be going well with the pregnancy.  I will admit my energy level isn't the same as it was when pregnant with Liesel.  I remember being a week away from delivering and going on long, brisk walks with my sister-in-law.  That is not the case with this one.  Not that I can't walk but the long and brisk don't have quite the appeal any more!  I'm slower and it's not as comfortable to walk as much.  I know I should be walking more but when we do I prefer Liesel's meandering pace to speed walking!  Yes, I agree with people, each pregnancy is different.  I guess I thought I would have the same amount of energy with this pregnancy.  The only person I fooled was myself.  As to names...well we're still working on it.  I think we've somewhat narrowed it down but we haven't both agree on one for sure.  We didn't pick Liesel's name until a week before she was born and this one might be the same.  Who knows!  I do know he'll have a name by the time we leave the hospital!

1 comment:

Country Chronicle said...

Ohhh how sweet! Thank you for posting. What a DE-LIGHT to see you for a short time every other day! We love our cousins!!! And looking forward to our little guy's appearance soon.
We did the sock in the mouth too. Must be a toddler thing. ;0)