Monday, March 19, 2012

Is it a Nesting Instinct or Just a Burst of Energy?

I guess time will tell which one it really is.  For some reason today I seem to have more energy then I did last week.  Last week I had my on and off days and maybe because yesterday was a day of rest that's why I have energy. 

So what have I done with this energy since 7am this morning...
-Fed Liesel breakfast & got the kitchen cleaned up
-5 loads of laundry with 1 more to go.
-Lowered Liesel's crib mattress
-Set up pack-n-play bassinet for little guy in Liesel's their room
-Raised the straps in Liesel's carseat
-Sort through baby clothes
-Wrote 2 notes
-Gave Liesel a bath
-Paid bills
-Organized the outside shoe shelf
-Took the small bookshelf out of Liesel's room
-Packed most of my hospital bag (and made a list of things to get before we actually leave etc.) 

There still are a few more things on my list but I got way more done today then I expected. I figure I better do it while I can!  Hopefully I won't be paying for this tomorrow! :) 

Part of my motivation is I have a feeling little guy is going to be early.  I'm already 2 cm dilated and Liesel came 2 weeks after I was dilated 2 cm.  We'll just have to wait and see what this little guy decides to do, but I don't think he's planning on waiting until April 13th.  Until then I better take advantage of Liesel's long nap and go work on little guy's crib skirt!

I'll keep you posted! :)

2 comments:

Plain Ol' Vanilla said...

Wowee girl...I'd say you're nesting and it's displaying itself in a burst of energy.

Sounds like things are being readied! Here too---I got 2 more crib sheets made today for a total of 3. Onto the quilt!

Love you darlin'

Mom

Plain Jane said...

Way cool! How fun! I enjoyed reading your list.