So what's been happening around our house lately?!? Well, our chickens have begun to lay!
I don't think I mentioned that several weeks ago our chicken count went from 9 hens to 17 hens and a rooster! A family from church didn't want their chickens any more so they wanted to know if we wanted them. We said yes and upon getting them we discovered that they had a rooster too!
I wasn't to sure about the rooster but I have to say not only is he handsome but he is nice. The eight hens that we got from our friends had been laying but they needed a light to help them start back up again, so we put a light in the coop and within a week some of them started laying. Our original eight are also just starting to lay. We are now getting between 9-12 eggs a day. Its very exciting to be collecting our own eggs!!!

1 comment:
Pretty eggs. I'm glad to hear your hens are laying. Mine have gone on strike, I think....2-4 a day.
Jody
Post a Comment