Friday, August 13, 2010

Baby Dresser and Changing Station

One of my dilemma has been what to do about a dresser and changing table. The baby's room isn't that big so between the crib, rocking chair, bookshelf, dresser, and changing table I wasn't sure where it was all going to fit. Because of the space issue I decided that we needed to do a dresser/changing table combination. Well, if you buy new it's a little on the spendy side so I was on the look out for used dresser. As time has continued to get closer for the little ones arrival I'll admit I was starting to get stressed. But between a conversation with my DH and my mother-in-law the problem was soon solved.




One of the closets has a shelf in it that is just the right height for a changing table and the bottom half fits plastic drawers just perfect. So instead of having to fit all the furniture into a little room I've put part of it in the closet and the best part is, I can close the doors.

(I'm also thinking of hanging a mobile above the changing area so there will some color and distraction for baby while she's getting her diaper changed. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to hearing about baby's arrival. So glad to see you are getting well prepared and have everything organized and in order. That's a great idea- modifying your closet to make a changing table which can be reversed back later. Smart! ( I changed both my babies on the floor... that was some excercise in getting down and up but it saved my nerves too.

Plain Ol' Vanilla said...

What a great and practical idea! It won't be long now.
Love, Mom

Diane said...

I love that idea. We also have small rooms and I hang those cloth shelves in the boys closets to act as a dresser. The floor or bed have been my changing table. I like the plastic drawer idea though. It would make finding things very easy.

Anonymous said...

Great job! I love having the changing table behind doors...it's worked great for us...and the clothes right below is also wonderful. You won't have to go to the other room when she has a blowout. Just a note...keep your diaper disposal close by. :-)